The Green Pages - Iceland from the green side
Nature.is views it as a duty towards the Icelandic community to maintain and develop “Green Pages” with the highest standards of quality. The Green Pages™* are thus, to provide detailed information on the companies and institutions connected to the environment in one way or the other. The Green Pages link guidelines and labels to the companies and products, and that way provides consumer with the opportunity to make informed decisions when deciding where to shop. The Green Pages play an important role in Nature's goals:
- To develop technical solutions regarding a community network that is able to link together factors that otherwise would only relate in an insubstantial or indirect way.
- To promote Icelandic nature and its natural products on an international venue.
- To promote related industry and employment around the country on every level.
- To promote among the general public a more environmentally conscientious way of life.
The Green Pages provide information on companies and institutions that either comply with the following conditions or operate in the following fields:
- Meet the standards of various third party environment certificates for their production or operation.
- Are the sellers of certified products.
- Have an official environmental policy.
- Use green bookkeeping.
- Institutions that hold surveillance and/or estimation authority.
- Are in the process of being granted certificates.
- Sell environmentally certified products.
- Provide services related to nature and/or the environment.
- Operate a self sustaining operation.
- Are the producers/importers of natural and/or health products.
Registration on the Green Pages is free of charge. Additional information to the registration can be added for a slight annual registration fee. Eco-Certificates and other additional information are required to be based on the demands and conditions of certifying institutions and must be indisputable. Nature.is reserves the right to inquire on the legitimacy of any information within a registration.
The Green Pages contain 2496 listings (as of April 17, 2013). To inquire if your company is already listed on the Green Pages, or to see whether or not companies you believe should be there, are there, simply go to Registration on Green Pages or go directly to the Green Pages and search under the relevant category or type the keyword or name on what you want to fint out about. If you have any suggestions or remarks concerning any registration on the Green Pages, or if you want to change your own for some reason, then please contact us and we will seek to improve the registration and or send your your User name and Password. Any suggestion is appreciated, as it is impossible to maintain such a site without the assistance of everyone involved.
Send any questions or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the number +354 483 1500.
The trademark Green Pages™ is owned by Nature is Ltd.
Graphic: Icon for the Green Pages, Guðrún Tryggvadóttir and Signý Kolbeinsdóttir ©Nature.is.
Náttúran er „Grænar síður - Ísland í grænu ljósi“, Náttúran.is: April 17, 2013 URL: http://natturan.is/d/2008/04/07/graenar-siour-island-i-graenu-ljosi/ [Skoðað:Sept. 23, 2019]Efni má nota eða vitna í samkvæmt almennum venjum sé heimilda getið með slóð eða fullri tilvitnun hér að ofan.
skrifað: April 7, 2008
breytt: April 17, 2013