Ingibjörg Elsa Björnsdóttir - Curriculum Vitae
Ingibjörg Elsa Björnsdóttir, geologist and environmental chemist, B.A. B.Sc. M.Sc.
Erlurimi 8, 800 Selfossi.
Born in Edinburgh, Scotland 22.05.1966.
Tel: +354 483 1500
Ingibjörg Elsa Björnsdóttir is a professional translator, geologist and environmental chemist with 12 years of work experience, translating, consulting and teaching in the environmental field. Ingibjörg Elsa Björnsdóttir also has excellent language skills, knows for instance English and Russian. She is now working on a MA thesis in Translation Studies at the University of Iceland on the writer Vladimir Nabokov and Nabokov´s translations of Eugene Onegin.
- Have been taking courses on a Masters level in translation studies at the University of Iceland 2005-2011.
- Master of Science (M.Sc. with distinction) in environmental chemistry, Chalmers University of Technology (CTU), Gothenburg Sweden, 1996. Highest International M.Sc. degree awarded at Chalmers during the year 1996.
- Bachelor of science (B.Sc.) in geology, University of Iceland, 1995.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Russian and History, University of Iceland, 1991.
- Studies at the Faculty for Slavic languages, Uppsala University, Sweden, 1989 – 1990.
- Dux Scholae from Hamrahlid College in Reykjavik (natural sciences), 1985.
Memberships and honors:
- On the board of the Icelandic Geological Society from 2006-2007.
- Icelandic Glaciological Society - member.
- The Reykjavik Academy – www.akademia.is - member.
- On the Board of Landvernd, Icelandic Nature Conservation Society from 2005-2008.
- The Icelandic society for the protection of birds www.fuglavernd.is - member.
- The Icelandic Chemical Society – www.efn.is – member.
- The Icelandic Association of Translators and Interpreters – www.thot.is - member.
- Icelandic Society of Environmental Scientists – www.umhverf.is - member.
- Icelandic Red Cross – member.
- On the board of the Reykjavik Red Cross from 2005-2007.
Publications others than translations:
- Where water is plentiful. Essay in The International Waterbook, published by United Nations, year 2000.
- Article on the Rainforest in Morgunblaðið, Iceland´s main newspaper.
- The World Water Situation. Chapter in the book Grænskinna, Reykjavík, 2002.
- The Rainforest. Chapter in the book, Grænskinna, Reykjavík, 2002.
- On the possible environmental causes of terrorism in the modern world. Article at the Science Web Forum of the University of Iceland. 2002.
- About the Ocean and it´s geochemistry, Náttúrufræðingurinn, 2002.
- Several articles in the icelandic media, 1999 – 2009.
- Several radio interviews about environmental matters, 2002 – 2009.
Icelandic: Native language.
Russian: Almost fluent.
German: Almost fluent.
Danish: Very good.
Norwegian: Almost fluent.
Main computer program skills and translation software:
- TRADOS, SDLX and Helium.
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel og Power point.
- GMS – groundwater modelling software.
- Lotus Notes og Go Pro.
- GIS (IDRISI/ARC INFO).
2007- Professional translator and consultant.
2005-2007 Scientist and senior advisor at the Icelandic Center of Research - RANNIS.
2004-2005 Project manager at the Reykjavík Environmental dept.
1997-2004 Environmental consultant at the LH – Engineering firm (www.lh.is).
1994-1997 Statistical research projects for the city of Reykjavik.
From the age of 12, several summer jobs and various kinds of work experience.
Types of translation – translation experience:
- Scientific texts especially environmental, geological, biological and chemical sciences
- Technical texts of all kinds
- Medical texts
- Texts involving food, feed and agriculture
- Texts involving Quality Management and Environmental Management Systems
- Tourist and travel brochures
- Architectural and engineering texts
Translation memory tools:
Trados, SDLX, Helium, Wordfast, Multiterm etc.
Available computer operating systems:
Microsoft Vista, Microsoft XP, Machintosh OS
Photo: Ingibjörg Elsa Björnsdóttir.
Uppruni:Ingibjörg Elsa Björnsdóttir
Ingibjörg Elsa Björnsdóttir „Ingibjörg Elsa Björnsdóttir - Curriculum Vitae / Ferilskrá“, Náttúran.is: March 21, 2011 URL: http://natturan.is/d/2008/06/11/ororaeoa-thyoingar-og-umhverfisraogjof/ [Skoðað:Feb. 26, 2020]Efni má nota eða vitna í samkvæmt almennum venjum sé heimilda getið með slóð eða fullri tilvitnun hér að ofan.
skrifað: June 11, 2008
breytt: March 16, 2013