Protect the Icelandic horse from infectious diseases
As a result of its geographical isolation and strict import policy, Iceland has remained free of serious infectious diseases in animals. It is our responsibility to take the necessary precautions and avoid the introduction of infectious agents to the country.
Visitors are asked to adopt strict biosecurity measures!
Importing the following equipment is strictly prohibited:
- Used riding equipment, such as saddles, bridles, nosebands, pads,
rugs, whips, etc.
- Used riding gloves
Cleaning and disinfection:
- Used riding clothes and boots should be washed in a washing
machine or dry cleaned prior to entering the country.
- Used riding clothes and boots that cannot be placed in a washing machine or dry cleaned should be washed and disinfected as follows:
- – Rinse thoroughly with detergent
- – Dry
- – Spray with 1% VirkonS® (10g per liter of water)
- – Store for at least 5 days prior to bringing the clothes into contact with horses in Iceland
Feb. 9, 2010
Uppruni:Matvælastofnun - MAST
Matvælastofnun „Verndum íslenska hestinn fyrir smitberum“, Náttúran.is: Feb. 9, 2010 URL: http://natturan.is/d/2010/02/09/verndum-islenska-hestinn-fyrir-smitberum/ [Skoðað:June 6, 2023]Efni má nota eða vitna í samkvæmt almennum venjum sé heimilda getið með slóð eða fullri tilvitnun hér að ofan.
breytt: Nov. 1, 2010